Friday, January 23, 2009

Let's make haste - Only true love waits

Hello There. Hi There.

At the moment I am watching "Family Feud", starring the brilliant
John O'Hurley. You may also know him as Mr.Peterman, from Seinfeld, who is equally as brilliant. I'd like to say Thank you! to all who have donated to the film or have bought items from the Land Dog Store. It really is super helpful and we all appreciate your contribution.













The Oscar nominations were announced the other day. If you haven't seen the list you should
check it out. A lot of people I've talked to aren't too thrilled with some of the decisions that were made. I haven't seen a few of the Films that are nominated so I can't judge things fairly. I don't have any huge complaints. The two things that are rubbing me the wrong way is The Boss wasn't nominated for his song for "The Wrestler" and I was hoping "Doubt" would be nominated for Best Picture. But I'll celebrate the fact Grand Torino wasn't nominated and Clint has been kept out besides Angelina Jolie being Nominated for The Changeling. And sorry, but I don't feel that the Dark Knight got snubbed. I just really don't think it deserved Best Film or Best Director, which people seem to be complaining about. If you're leaving out The Wrestler, Doubt and Revolutionary Road, it'd probably be hard to squeeze in The Dark Knight. But enough of that. Onto important matters...the Artist of the week Sean Leonard.

When I first had the idea to showcase artists that I enjoy, Sean immediately popped into my head. Sean was one of my first friends at
SCAD. I met him in the film program and was lucky enough to work with him and along side of him for the three years I was there. Sean is an amazing writer, filmmaker and musician. He also acts on the occasion and was one of the leads in my Senior Thesis. I'm a big fan of his musical project, Coquette, which you can listen to my clicking on the Coquette link, going to www.txtforresults.com or going to his myspace. I recommend going to txtforresults.com so you can listen to both of his albums in there entirety. It's hard to pick a recommendation since I really enjoy all of his material and hope you listen to all of it, but if you're pressed for time I'd say The Bold Word Brat, Lipstick Together Forever and True Life. Coquette definitely has a distinct pop quality to it but his lyrics go beyond that of any pop song that I listen to. "Skipped school for a week to treat the sore on your lip, went through volumes of "Teen People" and thought about existence and it's cruelty, towards you personally. And lost in the longings for the summer at the Villa, applying your lip gloss with the flavor of vanilla, for the comfort of cherry no longer has the will to thrill you." Love it.

As
far as his videos go, check some out
here. I'm a big fan of Omphaloskepsis. Hope you enjoy!

We started putting out Casting Ads for
Nobody Has To Stay and will be location scouting next week in Poughkeepsie. Have a good weekend and check out some of the other blogs I follow listed on the right hand side of my page.

P.S. How good was LOST?
!

No comments:

Post a Comment